In article <012101c0c69b$b01b8d00$8b1412d1@null>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Chris Anderson") wrote:

> I tried it, even with the byte length identifer it worked perfectly for me.
> As a last ditch effort try changing the w to w+. If not then it sounds like
> a configuration issue for the webserver or php. Dunno what settings though,
> sorry couldn't be of more help.

Thanks for testing.  Was that with v4.0.4pl?  I'd sure like to know whether
there's any possbility it's bug.  Seems unlikely, but then again so does
the stubborness of frwite() in choosing its own content to write in place
of mine.  I've pored over phpinfo and php.ini trying to find a config
setting that might be causing this weirdness, but so far nothing seems
obvious.

--
CC