Ben Ramsey wrote:
You don't need to convert the values to HTML entities when saving to a database. That's not going to prevent this problem.

Furthermore, you don't need to use htmlentities() if you specify your character set properly and all the characters you are outputting are in your character set.

For example, I use UTF-8 for all output, and all the characters I ever use are (of course) in the UTF-8 character set. Therefore I only need to use htmlspecialchars() to turn characters that have special meaning in HTML (&, ', ", <, >, etc.) into entities.

Jasper