Zachary Kessin wrote:

I am about to start on a project that seems like it would be right for a CMS system. It will be about 80% rather boring stuff with about 20% custom database work. I have looked at XOOPS and a few others. However I can not seem to find one rather important thing about XOOPS. I understand how to use a module that someone else wrote, but I have not found any documentation on how to build my own blocks or application components.

I am not yet committed to XOOPS, so if there is different system that would be better that could work as well

--Zach

Nucleus seems to be good CMS too, see the: http://nucleuscms.org/.

Erik