Hi

Background:
I am installing php with apache2 and ssl, mysql-server-5.0.11 on one of my
Freebsd 5.3. servers. I propose to  run a forum (currently investigating
phpbb but would like to consider others) and am also looking  for suitable
blog and wiki applications. I am more of a system administrator than a
programmer although I do have considerable experience of some programming
languages.

Questions:
1.
As I am new to php I would appreciated if someone could help me locate a
tutorial which not only describes what is in the configuration files (which
the distributed configuration files do quite well) but also, some
explanations that might be understood by a php neophyte, plus guidance and
detailed examples on one might choose on option over another in different
circumstances. For those who are not familiar with php the configuration
files can appear daunting.

2.
Recomendations for forum, wiki and blog modules.

Thanks
david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.