[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Am I allowde to do this:
>
> $query = mysql_query("SELECT member_id, member_name FROM members");
> while($result = mysql_fetch_array($query))
> {
>   if(empty($result['member_name']))
>   {
>     mysql_query("UPDATE members SET member_name = 'N/A' WHERE member_id =
> ".$result['member_id']."");
>   }
> }
>
> As far as I know, after "SELECT" query, data are in buffer and I AM able
> to connect to the same table and do UPDATE, right?

no you'll have to reboot the machine first.

seriously though, have you tried it?

that said your [probably] better off just doing 1 query:

        UPDATE members SET member_name = 'N/A' WHERE member_name = '';

that said your [probably] better off leaving the name empty or setting it NULL
if
it's unknown and showing 'N/A' in whatever output screen it's relevant for any
names that are found to be empty.