To: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 3:39 PM
Subject: [PHP] Still trying to figure this out...

Ok, I am still trying to get this figured out from what I tried doing last night. If anybody wants to try it, please be my guest. This is the deal. Create an INTEGER table. Put the numbers 1 - 24 in it. Leave out like number 8, 9, 22, 23 ect.. Now create a php statement that will take and pull that out of the database, find out the missing numbers and display them as an html drop down selection.

And tedd in response to why, is because the values that are already located in the database represent in use already. They represent a server port that a server is sitting on, so that's not the problem. I could have done that along time ago.

Any help is appreciated but here is the current code that I have.

 $query="SELECT switchport FROM network";
 $result=mysql_query($query);
 $sql_range=mysql_fetch_array($result);
 $true_range=range(1,24);
 $next_range=array_diff($true_range,$sql_range);
 foreach ($next_range as $final_range) {
    echo "<option value='$final_range'>$final_range\n";