Hello,

on 08/01/2006 01:35 PM Gabe said the following:
> What's the common consensus as to a solid PHP framework to use for
> application development?  There seems to be a number of them out there,
> but I'm not sure which one's are the most robust, actively developed,
> secure, etc etc.
>
> Thoughts?

There is no common consense. PHP development is not very well organized,
like for instance in the Java world where several vendors can provide
their own implementations of the same specification. This makes possible
 to use the same framework API from whatever vendor you prefer.

In the PHP world all frameworks are incompatible, even when they attempt
to implement similar feature sets.

Anyway, you may want to read this more in depth reflection of the state
of the PHP framework world and recommendations on how to pick what suits
best for you:

http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/52-Recommended-PHP-frameworks.html

--

Regards,