""Richard Lynch"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Thu, October 12, 2006 3:11 am, Tony Marston wrote:
>> I have to disagree as well. There is absolutely nothing wrong which
>> the
>> approach of creating one class for each table in the database. It
>> cannot be
>> wrong for the simple reason THAT IT WORKS!
>
> Only problem is that then you often end up making ONE INSTANCE for
> each *row* in a large result set, and then you are in BIG TROUBLE.
>
> IT DOES NOT WORK!
>
> You've *got* to have some kind of other class that handles more than a
> couple handsful of the data, for anything other than a trivial
> application.

I don't have, and never will have, one instance for each row. One instance
can deal with any number of rows.

> And if it was trivial to start with OOP is rarely the right answer.

Something may start as trivial, but over time it can expand into something
more than trivial, by which time you will lose out by not going down the OO
route to begin with.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net