Angelo Zanetti wrote:

hi all,

Im doing the following dump through PHP:

$output = shell_exec('mysqldump '. $db_database .' > '. $backup_path.$filename);

It doesnt seem to work but when I run the exact same command (with appropriate values) in the command line it creates the dump file. What could be the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

regards

It appears that it could be because the user that runs the scripts is not allowed to. When I run them on the commandline, I run them as the root user. Is this a common problem? What would the best way be to sort this out keeping in mind security on the server?

Thanks in advance.
angelo