On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 19:58 +0800, Kai Xiang wrote:
> On 12/16/06, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > (*)
> > Actually, if somebody wants to embed the ZE inside of something other
> > than PHP, then I think Zend expects to get paid for that.

I don't think so... the PHP and Zend licenses are quite liberal with
very few restrictions. Namely that you don't call your software php or
use php in the name (something many packages seem to ignore (either that
or they got permission)). The Zend license is practically a clone of the
PHP license with a search and replace for PHP to Zend :) There's nothing
that says you have to pay to embed it in your own software. That said,
if you make a product that uses either the PHP or Zend engine and makes
oodles of money, I think you should feel somewhat morally obliged to
give back in some way.

Cheers,
Rob.