Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 00:35 -0800,
Ryan A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think its easier to explain what I want to do.. so here goes:
> I want to store values in arrays for one minute and then write them to file.
>
> For example, everytime someone logs in I want their username to be in an
> array....
> 1 or 100 or X people may login in 60 seconds...but it should only write all
> the usernames that logged in to disk every 1 minute.
>
> Ideas? suggestions? starting points or a link to a specific spot in the
> manual with a RTFM would be appreciated :)

Might be able to do it with shared memory and a cron job. I'm just not
sure if shared memory works between web module and cli. If not, I guess
you could use wget in the cron job to pull a special page from your
website that does the write.

Cheers,
Rob.
Hey!
Thanks for replying.

Instead of CRON i was thinking of having a file created and check the creation
time everytime someone logged in... if its less than 1 min then don't do
anything, if  1 min or more old... write file...

No idea about shared memory, will look that up..

Everybody feel free to chip in any bits of info, theories or advise you may
have.

Thanks!
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)