Hi, as a creator of the one of those half baked's  I want to say someting
about this issue.

People wants own Php framework etc. Because

1-) Documentation.
For my point of view most of unix documentation style was too complex. After
more than 10 years of linux experience I still hate man pages. And some how
(I believe this because of want look like professional/ubergeek/hyper
academic) most language/framework/cms/thisthat in Open Source universe uses
complex documentation model.

Php was non programmers programming language especially for web. Uber
Programmers still rejecting php (because of function naming, not good enough
oo support, etc etc etc). Also there was tons of more polished programming
(and or scripting) language for web (perl, python, ruby) none of them reach
popularty of php. After tons of security problems, misbehaved functions, php
still growing as fast as possible.

It was documentation damn it. No other language has php style documentation.

So ?

Most of php framework's uses complex documentation model and because of this
lost of people can't understand (and improve) those frameworks and implement
own.

2-) Complexing...
Over time frameworks become more complex... If you are there from start there
was no problem for you and if came here after 4 years you will see lots of
classes and functions to understand to the what the hell goes around there.

Last month our company give try for typo3.

OUCH!!

I'm still tyring to understand what goin there. Function names was very funny.
I still try to understand their system.

According the their web pages in 5.0 they will clean up the system.

.Backward compatibility.
Most of php programmers are non programmers and php can grow up with his
programmer and world of WWW too fast for anything.

Programming c was not so much change last 5 years and programmin php in last 5
years was changed too much. AND if you are my kind (growing with php) your
programing style was dramaticly changed. And if you had so popular framework
you have to give backward support.

And this was increase complexity of some frameworks.

.overused OO
I see some frame works uses $this->$that->$yada->$bada()
Ouch man if we can tolerate this kind of compexity we can even program in
ASM...

3-) This is world of HTML, JS and HTTP. there was lot of way to implement your
idea.

4-) Writing someting in php very easy

5-) Having own framework was coool. ;)

Regards