Dan wrote:
Yup, that's pretty much what I wrote but with a bit more feedback for invalid addresses.

not exactly

- Dan

"Jim Lucas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kevin Waterson wrote:
Hi all.

Im looking for a way to get the domain from an email address.
Not sub domains, just the domain, so [EMAIL PROTECTED] would return example.com.mn

similarly, the address [EMAIL PROTECTED] would return
example.com

perhaps an array of tld's, then strip the tld off the end and anything
before that and the next "." is the domain?

also, somebody told me .co.uk was a tld, but I cannot see it listed
http://www.iana.org/root-whois/index.html

Kind regards
Kevin

Give this a try

http://www.cmsws.com/examples/php/domain_verification/example.php

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
by William Shakespeare