On Jan 4, 2008 12:46 PM, Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings, list.
>
> I have a web application that generates PNG images that are thousands
> of pixels high by thousands of pixels wide (using imagepng, etc.).
>
> The problem is this takes way too much memory, and the rest of the
> site becomes too slow.
>
> I'm working on something to cache the images, but some suggestions in
> the meantime would be great.
>
> Maybe ImageMagick is faster? Flash?Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

    It depends on what you are trying to do with the images.  Are you
randomly-generating data to create patterns, or are you (*gasp*)
converting small images into [very pixelized] larger ones?

--
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.