On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:28 AM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
>  I want to send a styled email via heredoc, can that be done?
>
>  $message = <<<EOT
>  Title: This is a title of the Event.
>  Time: This the time of the Event.
>
>  Please show up on time.
>  EOT

    Without beating the subject to death, since you've already gotten
two good answers, I'll add in that your HEREDOC (aside from being
prone to a parse error due to the missing semicolon after the closing
EOT) will end immediately after `please show up on time.`

    Even though you started EOT on it's own line as is required, the
last carriage return/newline will not be included in $message.  If you
want an ending newline (which I consider a Good Idea[tm]), then change
the above to:

$message =<<<EOT
Title: This is the title of the Event.
Time: This is the time of the Event.

Please show up on time.

EOT;

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>