Andrew Ballard wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Thank you Andrew... Now it all makes perfect sense. Good grief! there's
 so much to learn. It seems that Java was easier. ;)

That's not specific to PHP. It's just how http works, so it's the same
for ASP, Perl, I suspect Java and most (if not all) other languages.
There might be a language that sets a cookie when you assign a value
to a special cookie variable, but I'm not familiar with any.

Andrew

Unless I was doing something differently when I originally wrote this in PERL I don't recall having this issue. At that time I would set the cookie and then redirect (load the index with the full menu) if cookie existed.

Geez! now my $_SESSION isn't persisting to the next page when the screen refreshes. The only thing preventing me from gouging out my eyes right now is that I know I'll get this stuff. It's just a matter of time...

--

Mark