On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Ryan S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey!
>  Thanks Andrew, will look into those points that you sent me.
>
>  First thing to change will be the DOCTYPE I think, as i didht type that but
> must have copied code into a pre-made page...

    One thing I learned when screwing around with AJAX is that it,
like nearly everything that occurs in nature, must be customized to
play nicely with Microsoft things.  Call me bitter.  No, seriously, it
could be my new nickname.

<script language="JavaScript">
//Gets the browser specific XmlHttpRequest Object
function getXmlHttpRequestObject() {
  if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
    return new XMLHttpRequest();
  } else if(window.ActiveXObject) {
    return new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
  } else {
    document.getElementById('p_status').innerHTML = 'Status: Cound not
create XmlHttpRequest Object.  Consider upgrading your browser.';
</script>

    It's something I had to use when playing around with a chat script
I was building a while ago:
        http://pilotpig.net/gchat/

--
</Daniel P. Brown>