On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Sancar Saran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Thanks, with your answer my mind flashes

I wish I shared your passion on things!  I started out with functional
programming using various languages.  PHP was the first time I
attempted writing classes.  The reason I wanted to was because I kept
thinking there was a "better way" to save me time and effort on my
projects.  With all of my functional stuff I kept duplicating my
add/edit/remove crud file and I thought why not just try making a
class and extending it to save on lines of code.  Then I realized that
was quite slow since it was all being done at runtime.  From there
things only got worse as I learned about composition over inheritance,
all the other rules, and also as you put it "OO naziism" in general.
Everything I do is always wrong in someone's book.  Progress indeed!

Years later in the end it's all the same crap no matter what the
syntax is.  I'm still grabbing input and moving it around.  I just
prefer my shovel to be objects instead of functions to keep my mind
occupied.  Otherwise I might start thinking there really isn't much
difference between being a code monkey and a factory worker.  ;)