---- Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Wei, Alice J. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Do I really have to reinstall the entire Fedora?
>
>     You may be a prime candidate for Windows.

Well, you *could* load Fedora on another machine, fully update it, and then go
into / and do an ls -alF.
THEN, on the machine that you have completely messed up the permissions on, you
would go to / and do an ls -alF

Then traverse the directory structures simultaneously on both machines and make
sure the one you messed up matches the pristine installed one.

Once you have done that, you should be OK.

Wolf