> This is the output I have got from using your script.
> I have made a following quick change:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] var]# chown -R root:root .
>
> Not surprisingly, I am still not able to make a new directory using PHP with
> the HTTP.
> Could there be anything else I missed?

I knew who you were when you were on the shell... your ps output showed
the grep process was running as root. But as the others mentioned...
you're running the above script as root. As soon as you go to run via
the webserver things change. In fact, if you run the above as root, and
create any directories, then those will inherit the root ownerships.
Then if you run the same script via the web server, those new
directories may be causing you issues since they trunp the webserver's
permissions. You might want to go do some reading about *nix ownerships
and permissions. It's quite important that you have a thorough
understanding of those if you're going to administer the server.

Cheers,
Rob.

The problem here is that the user is not supposed to be doing this from the
client end. What happens here is that they execute a client script, which then
calls the script I have been posting from a different server. Therefore, my
guess is that I can run this "kind of" like in the command line and access it
from the root like where my set up is.

I can see that I am having a problem here getting the script to work here. What
is interesting is that if my web server is a problem here, then how is it
possible that I am still able to edit the text files I have already created on
this particular machine with the "permission issues" from a remote server? To
get the script to work, do I need to edit anymore settings on my server?

Thanks in advance.

Alice