Carlos Medina schreef:
Watch him go... there is Carloooooos, the man infront of all the others. He is WAY ahead, and he is gaining more and more speed. He is an adult, and he
is sooooooo adult that he can't even take a laugh... see him run from the
humor! Faster and faster he runs... and there it is: the goal: an open
casket for the people going through life without having a good laugh every
now and then :o))))

Aaaaaaanyhow... *grabs his coffee and keeps working while shaking his head
because of the stupid comment posted by Carlos*

Cheers :o))))

:-) Kids

yes I have one, so? did he build your website per chance? :-P

btw:

I have two handcoded cmses that I use to build sites with,
a bunch of code 'snippets' used to handcode very small odd-ball sites
with and I sometimes use an out of the box CMS if it suits me
(but not Joomla) ... and I always end up having to hack some
customization into them.

as a developer it's not just about getting a quick result but
aquiring a level of expertise that allows one to understand and create
things at a professional level, things like CMSes (somebody actually
writes them!) using validating, tableless xHTML layouts, valid CSS,
secure server-side code, unobtrusive (and sometimes even gracefully
degrading) javascript, etc, etc.

the pond is getting smaller and smaller, eventually there won't be
any room for people who can just about run the installer script of
CMS X[tm] and barely hack out HTML. I plan to be getting paid still
when that happens ... rewriting the installer script of CMS X[tm] perhaps.

Carlos