> Been trying to compile PHP.4.0.6 with --with-zlib directive and failing.
> Using --with-zlib-dir, however succeeds.
>
> Does anyone knows the difference between the two ?

--with-zlib-dir works and --with-zlib doesn't?
:-) :-) :-)

If you got it to work, leave it alone :-)

> Also, in a related problem, if I try with --enable-xslt I get the
> following results:
>
> checking for XML support... yes
> checking external libexpat install dir... no
> checking whether to enable xslt support... yes
> checking whether to enable the XSLT Sablotron backend... no
> checking libexpat dir for Sablotron XSL support... no
> configure: error: not found. Please re-install the  distribution

I'm guessing that PHP is not finding one or more of libexpat and/or
Sablotron, whatever those are, so while you asked for XSLT, whatever that
is, you can't have it bacause PHP can't find the stuff it needs to provide
it.

See if there's some --with-libexpat-dir or --with-sablotron-dir (or similar)
directives you can use to tell configure where to find the stuff it needs.

Oh yeah:  Add this to the http://bugs.php.net database, since the error
message is just a little bit bogus, eh?

--
WARNING [EMAIL PROTECTED] address is an endangered species -- Use
[EMAIL PROTECTED]