Ash,

Thanks for your answer. I am quite sure that I do have the needed permission to effect the change. As you can tell from my test script, I was able to set timeout to 0 (zero), and I could also set logfile to "/tmp/tmp". I just could not set timeout to any values other than 0 or the default value of 10.

I was testing on a local machine.

Thanks!

Clement