Hans Schultz schreef:
> Thanks for reply, I completely understood your answer even in previous
> thread, but you should understand few very simple things1. I am not working
> alone, so I can't make other people use tools I use (eclipse + PDT at the
> moment)
> 2. even if somehow I manage to do number 1 we also have some legacy code from
> where ocassionally popup some idiotic bug (like that I mentioned with typo in
> property name)I hope (because of 1 and 2) you can understand that eclipse +
> PDT is not answer to my problem. Now, since I need some way to do these
> checks for all code paths (and not just currently running one) that is why I
> am more interested for something able to do those checks in compile time (ie,
> my javac will report to me uninitialized variable if I have some code path
> that could miss initialization of variable I am using later); since almost
> everyone agreed that could be done by some compiler I found php compiler
> (that for fact really exist, and I even posted llnk to it), since I need to
> use windows for development and compiler has trial version for linux I was
> curious if someone used it and if it could help me with my problems.. So,
> question is NOT whether php is interpreted or compiled, or is
>  there a compiler, question is rather is that compiler useful for my
> problem.Best regards

1. you should *try* to standardize everyone on a single IDE/tool-chain
2. a decent IDE will give warnings about vars that are [seemingly]
uninitialized or used only once.
3. a compiler can't cover all situations (variable variables, vars defined in
optional includes, etc)
4. there is no silver bullet.
5. try to compartmentalize code so that the scope of a var doesn't exceed the
number of
lines you can view in a single screen (makes it easier to spot typos, etc)
6. I am not a number.