On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:08:12AM +0300, Olexandr Heneralov wrote:

> 2009/5/20 Angelo Zanetti <ang...@zlogic.co.za>
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > We have done quite a few projects and we are looking to find better ways to
> > implementing forms.
> >
> > Forms seem to be quite time consuming and repetitive.
> >
> > Generally are there any classes or libraries that will assist with:
> >
> > 1.      Easy creation of forms (fields and layout)
> >
> > 2. Validation of specific fields within the forms (server side not JS)
> >
> > 3. Decrease in time required to setup the forms pages
> > any other comments are welcome.
> >
> Hi!
> Zend framework has a wonderful solution to solve this task. You can download
> even the demo showing how to do this task
> Best regards,
> Alex.

Both this class and Manuel Lemos' form generation class (from
phpclasses.org) will create beautiful forms for you. However, you may
find that the amount of [repetitive] typing you do will be equivalent or
greater than simply creating the form by hand.

The best solution would probably be a form you fill out which asks you
about all the fields you want, and then generates the code to paint the
form. There are commercial solutions which do this, and some (not that
great) free solutions. I'm working on one myself, which will eventually
be a sourceforge/freshmeat project.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster