Hi all.

I'm working on a PHP project for my own personal business use. It will handle billing and invoices as well as payments and time management, bookings, appointments and a few more. I may add things like personal messaging between the various users and a customer login to check on the progress of their accounts.

It is a big project and will probably take a year or so to complete in my spare time.

I have made a couple of starts but I have no experience in creating such large applications and I find I often end up with spaghetti code. I've tried using session variables to keep track of where and what the program is doing but there are so many permuations and combinations I found myself writing endless streams of if's, and's and or's just to figure out what page to display.

The code is not the probblem for me...it's the flow and organization of the code.

Can anybody point me to a good book or tutorial that lays down the principles and gives some suggestions for integrating the many subroutines of a large application? I want to make the code readable and logical in its flow, and avoid repetition of code segments.

Much appreciated.
Angus