Why not just use a SAMBA mount and then it's transparent to the IDE or
anything for that matter?

Also, here at work, we have uber-cautious IT people and they freaked when I
installed SAMBA for some reason and said I could only use ports 22 or 443.
Not so great for Windows developers. In linux you can use sshfs which is
awesome. After searching high and low and trying all sorts of things
(including that flakey Dokan) I found this ExpanDrive which works like a f'n
champ! It's transparent, uses ssh (even keys!), automounts. I can't say
enough good about it.
http://www.expandrive.com