On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 13:02, Tony Marston<t...@marston-home.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I do not regard that as a concrete rule, and certainly not one worth
> bothering about. Lots of newsgroups I visited before coming here allowed top
> posting, so it is arrogant for someone to say "I personally don't like top
> posting, so I'll make a rule that disallows it". A sensible rule, and one
> which I have no problem in following, is that if a question is posted in
> English then I will answer in English. That makes sense, whereas "no top
> posting" does not.

    No matter anymore.  You've expressed your distaste for the rules
and your intent on disregarding them, which - in turn - shows that (a)
you believe yourself to be beyond the need to respect the guidelines
the rest of the community follows; and (b) you couldn't give a damn
about contributing to good, solid archives.

    There's certainly no way we can force you to follow the rules, so
I'm done discussing it.  It's just a shame that it's not going to work
out in a manner that doesn't speak volumes about your negative
attitude toward others.

    Best of luck in everything you do.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>