On 7/28/09 8:44 AM, "Ashley Sheridan" <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 09:42 -0400, Miller, Terion wrote:

> On 7/28/09 8:35 AM, "Ashley Sheridan" <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
>
> $pastDays = strtotime("-30 days");
> $date = date("d/m/y", $pastDays);
>
> Well I tried and got no results from my query and I know there results with
> date ranges in the last 30 days, I basically need to count backward from
> now() 30 days I thought strtotime() would work well..but the fields in the db
> are varchar not date fields they are all formatted the same though 00/00/00:
>
>   $sql = "SELECT DISTINCT restaurants.ID, name, address, inDate FROM
> restaurants, inspections WHERE restaurants.name != '' AND inspections.inDate
> <= $date GROUP BY restaurants.ID ORDER BY 'name' ";

I believe the query is suspect. From memory, don't you need to enclose
dates in single quotes in MySQL statements? Also, I believe it uses
American data format, so you might have to put the month before the day
like was in Richards example.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Ah ha bet that's it didn't notice the euro/brit date formatting there. Lol
thanks guys!