Jim has listed some nice alternatives, however, they are limited in their
scope. I will point you to a solution called Cufon. This by far the best I have
found to date (IMHO). This is a JavaScript solution. It will render ANY ttf or
rtf font. The common issue you run into is the legal issue. Most of the fonts
we want to use need to be purchased by the end user. The developers of Cufon
are in talks with the Font Foundries to find a solution that will protect the
font from being stolen. As of this writing the Foundries fear that the
JavaScript file that is produced from the original fonts could be reverse
engineered and give the font away for free. I have tried to put this file
outside of the root folder of the site and found that I cannot call it. I
haven't spent too much time on this yet. I'm sure there is a way, I just
haven't found it yet.

Here is the link to Cufon
http://wiki.github.com/sorccu/cufon/about
the javascript generator can be found here
http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/

One more thing and I can't stress this enough - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! In the
US Intellectual Property Theft is one of those laws whereby you are guilty
until proven innocent ad each incident can cost you $100k!

[HallMarc Websites]

database 4286 (20090728) __________

http://www.eset.com