Paul M Foster wrote:
On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 04:22:18PM -0400, Eddie Drapkin wrote:

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Lupus
Michaelis<mickael+...@lupusmic.org> wrote:

if you're on shared hosting (but then again I am of the opinion
that those who choose to run with shared hosting dig their own graves
in more ways than one).

Any time you or someone else would like to backstop me in setting up a
dedicated server on rackspace or somewhere else, for free or really
cheap, you let me know! Otherwise, those of us with less than complete
expertise in server setup are stuck with shared hosting. ;-}

For a few hundred bucks a year you can get a VPS (Virtual Private Server), which gives you root access. once you get a couple of clients on it, it will pay for itself year after year. If you have clients that don't use much resources, you can put a few on and even make a profit on the hosting alone.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com