On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 15:20 +0530, Gaurav Kumar wrote:
> I totally agree with this architecture.
>
> You are correct, I am just in the starting phase of the project and in
> fact still need to define the architecture in detail.
>
> Now the question I asked in my last reply is still to be answered?
>
> Gaurav Kumar
> OSWebstudio.Com
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Andrea Giammarchi
> <an_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>         >
>         > Question I was Asked by Andrea- "mod_reqrite or .htaccess is
>         the answer, but
>         > I wonder why you choose /user/username rather than
>         just /username a la
>         > twitter."
>         >
>         > I will be using many other aspects of my users something
>         like
>         > "/projects/username/"; "/gallery/username/".
>

>         well, it does not matter if this service is user based.
>
>         /username/ #as user home page
>         /username/projects/ #as user projects
>         /username/gallery/ #as user gallery
>         /username/etc ...
>
>         it's just a silly point but from user home page you isntantly
>         know if user exists and you instantly know subsections
>
>         In your way you assume that there is a gallery for that user
>         while he could have created only projects, without galleries.
>         So one search failed, while to go in the user page I need to
>         digit /user/ before, not a big deal but we are in tinyurl and
>         bit.ly era
>
>         Google Code put simply a /p/ as prefix plus the project name
>         plus subsection
>
>         /p/myprojname/
>         /p/myprojname/wiki
>
>         since you are starting now, maybe you could consider this
>         semantic alternative, if it suits your requirements.
>
>         Regards
>
>         > > Thanks,
>         > > Ash
>         > > http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>         > >
>         > >
>         > >
>         > >

>         check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–
>         Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages

For help with the mod_rewrite, a Google search never goes amiss, first
result I found for 'mod_rewrite example' is
http://www.workingwith.me.uk/articles/scripting/mod_rewrite . I looked
at it quickly and it does cover what you need.

As for what you get as $_GET parameters, that's entirely up to you, and
as you will see from the above link, it's fairly simple to mess about
with.