> Yes. But since I don't want to display a success information + form fields,
> but only the success information,
> I believe the only way we have to do this is by either use javascript and
> update a div or similar, or using only php, by redirecting to another page.
>
> Is this correct?

Whether or not it's the only way, redirecting to a success page is
probably the best way, from a user-experience perspective. It keeps
the browser history sane and avoids possible trouble with
page-refreshes.

Google for "post redirect get" and you'll find all sorts of
discussions of this pattern. Here's one of the clearer articles that
came up on the first page of results, when I ran that search:

http://www.andypemberton.com/engineering/the-post-redirect-get-pattern/

Ben