> This is a great talk / slideshow and definitely is a better way to
> drive home the point that PHP execution speed is relatively
> meaningless in terms of user experience.  Well, at least up to a
> point...

if it takes 0.1 per response, with 10 users will be 1 second to wait ... if it
takes 0.02 per user, you can manage much more users.

It is that simple, and thee reason there is APC, other op cache
managers/optimizers, is that speed is always critical for high traffic
websites/services ... and if there is a possibility to help, the same way you
justify APC, since PHP is not the bottleneck, I don't get why you are blaming
me to use best practices ... seriously, what's wrong with me using ++$i it's
absolutely a mystery!!!

I guess you develop without caring about INSERT DELAYED when necessary,
mysql_fetch_row when you know the structure, rather than mysql_fetch_assoc, and
everything else that could preserve half a second ... Google servers truncated
layout to make everything faster, I can only smile thinking about your
arguments in a Google interview ... "who care about optimizations, I am already
loads of crap due to slow queries" ... well, it's your choice, and not my fault.

Regards ... and thanks for the slide

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from
HotmailĀ®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009