On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:36 -0300, Jonathan Tapicer wrote:

> That will work just for one IP, but they could spam you from another
> IP. I suggest you add a good captcha to the form and that way you can
> avoid spam forever.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jonathan

Firstly, in_array() is used in his example, so it will look for all the
IP addresses in the array, not just one.

Secondly, even the best captchas can be got around. Just look at what
happened to Google a while back. And then what if you make the captcha
too hard to discern? You'd essentially be breaking the law by impeding
hard of seeing or blind users...

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk