Ashley Sheridan wrote on 2009-10-23 19:29:
On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 13:29 -0400, Israel Ekpo wrote:

What about the error

libphp5.so: undefined symbol: OnUpdateLong

Are you still observing that error?

[removed a bunch of old posting]
Ashley, you quotefucker :-)

Well, I'm not compiling from the source now, I went back to trying to
use the Fedora repositories (which was the only reason I ended up trying
to compile from source in the first place)

If I'm not mistaken php had to be compiled with "--with-apxs" to use modules in Apache, did you do that?

Regarding the PHPmyAdmin, did you try to give the root user a password? Maybe it's a security feature in PHPmyAdmin. I don't know, havent been using that system since 1999 due to the terrrible handling of "" and null values, which caused severe trouble in an ISP i worked for before we figured out what was going on + i LOVE the tab completion in the MySQL commandline tool

--
Kind regards
Kim Emax - masterminds.dk