On 28.01.2010 03:40, Paul M Foster wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 04:55:46PM -0600, Skip Evans wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> I'm looking for recommendations on how to replace accented
>> characters, like e and u with those two little dots above
>> them, with the regular e and u characters.
> FWIW, those two dots are called an "umlaut".
> Paul

FWIW, the whole letters ÄäÖöÜü are called "Umlaute" (umlauts).
The two dots above *these* letters are "Umlautzeichen" (umlaut marks).
But two dots above an e or i are called "Trema" (diacritic mark).


PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply via email to