Hi All,

I find myself wondering about the state of the PHP community (and related community with a PHP focus), so, here's a bunch of questions - feel free to answer none to all of them, on list or off, or add more of your own - this isn't for anything specific, just out of interest and sure I (and everybody who reads the replies) will learn something + doors/options/contacts may come of it. The only thing I can guarantee is that I'm genuinely interested in every reply and will read every one of them + lookup every tech and link mentioned.

in no particular order:

What other languages and web techs do you currently use other than PHP?
- if you include html or css please include version, if js then preferred libs, and whether client or server side.

What's your previous language/tech trail?

Are you considering any new languages or techs, and if so which?
 - names / links

Is PHP your hobby/interest, primary development language, just learning or?

How many years have you been using PHP regularly?

How many years have you been working with web technologies?

Did you come from a non-web programming background?

Is your primary role web developer or designer?

In your developer life, are you an employer, and employee, contractor, freelancer, part of a team of equal standing members?

Do you tend to work on jobs for geo-local clients, clients in the same country, or do you work internationally 'on the web'?

How do you get your projects? do they come to you, word of mouth, do you hunt and bid for projects, code call, visit clients, target clients individually you think you can help, or?
- not looking for trade secrets, just to get enough for an overall picture.

Do you have any frustrations with the PHP community, do you find you want to talk shop but can't, or find people to work with but can't, have projects in mind you want to do but can't find people to do them with etc?

Do you network with other PHP'ers in real life - meetups etc, do you tend to shy away, or do you find you circulate in other web related but non PHP focussed communities?

Are you a member or any other web tech communities, opensource efforts, or standardization bodies - again, if so which?

Are there any efforts, projects or initiatives which are floating your boat right now and that your watching eagerly (or getting involved with)?

ps: please *do not* flame anybodies answers, that really wouldn't be fair.

Best & Regards,

Nathan