At 6:53 PM -0400 8/13/10, chris h wrote:
Tedd I don't know if this will resolve your issue or not, but have you looked into using mysqldump?

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html

That's what I use for my backups.

Chris.

Chris:

I would like to do that, but I simply don't know how.

I think the reason for that is that I usually work on shared hosted accounts and the hosts don't permit command line stuff -- so I think, but I could be wrong. Plus, I stopped doing command line stuff back in the Apple ][ days.

Granted this is another hole in my knowledge, but I think that even if I knew how, I don't think it would solve my current problem. Am I wrong?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------