Well you certainly can not use this without the command line, however some
hosts restrict you from the command line but still allow you to run commands
via php's exec() function (Rackspace Sites is an example of this).

pseudo code example:
exec('mysqldump [options] --all-databases ... ');

Of course this is only if your hoster supports it, and if the user has
proper mysql privileges (which I think are SELECT, LOCK TABLES, and SHOW
VIEW).

mysqldump is a great program with many options so you can dump your db just
the way you want it ;)  If it's something you can and choose to use I would
suggest reading over the link I sent you so you can customize it's output.

Chris.