At 10:56 AM +0200 8/29/10, Peter Lind wrote:
On 29 August 2010 08:08, Jim Lucas <li...@cmsws.com> wrote:

*snip*

 Their is not existing variable (if you would) that your server, when
 connecting to a remote server, would be sending.  So, to have the remote end
 be able to identify the initiating host identity, the initiating side would
 have to add some something to the headers or pass it along in the body of
 the request itself.

+1. Let the requestion script send through identification/authentification.

Regards
Peter

To all:

My post about SERVER globals was simply an observation that the SERVER global report of host and remote was not symmetric -- for example you could obtain both the IP and Domain Name of the host, but only the IP of the remote. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused in my post.

As to the reason why I was asking, please review my next post, namely "Secure Communication?"

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------