-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Xpath arguments in variable
From: php-gene...@garydjones.name (Gary)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 13:34:11 GMT+0530 (IST)

Whats wrong with
$v = $row->xpath('//membernumber[. = ' . $MemberId . ']');
?

Am I not understanding what you are trying to ask?

--------------------

I tried this but doesn't work. I guess the above statement is concatenating the entire string and the substitution isn't happening

What I am trying to do is as follows
$MemberId = 'A192';
$v = $row->xpath('//membernumber[. = ' . $MemberId . ']');

The $MemberId should be substituted with A192 and then the xpath query should be executed. The result should be that I locate the membernumber XML element that has the value A912.

Best regards

Sridhar

Sridhar Pandurangiah wrote:
now I need to pass this value to XPath within a string variable say

$v = $row->xpath('//membernumber[. = $MemberId]');

But this doesnt work due to the quotes. What I intend PHP to do is to
substitute the value for $MemberId and then execute the XPath query. I
have grappled with it for a few days before posting this.