Here's the long lists of fixes in SP4 for SQL2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888799/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888800/

As for if it's related to your current problem, we need to find out what are
the possible causes for your problem.  If you're not using mssql or sqlsrv
extension, how are you able to access SQL Server, via ODBC?  If you're not
using ODBC either, then there is something seriously wrong with your app...
or where you think you're getting the data that is supposed to be from MS
SQL Server.

Look at your class hitMSSQL.  What does the internal of the class uses to
connect, execute the query, and fetch the results?  Are there any error
catching/logging within the class? Or are all the statements begin with @?

Regards,
Tommy