On 21 September 2010 11:48, Tom Barrett <t...@miramedia.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to build a custom client management app, which will build and manage
> a database per client. This means that on top of the usual sql crud, it
> needs to be able to create databases, add/edit/delete database users, create
> tables.
>
> Is there a way for me to do this nicely as PHP solution? am I better off
> incorporating non PHP pieces into this (e.g. shell)? or should I leave the
> admin tasks (e.g. database creation) as a 'normal' administrative task
> (commandline/webmin/watever)?

Seeing as all the "extra" stuff you need is just plain sql commands, I
don't see the problem as such. You just need to make sure access to
the tool is done right (i.e. a user that can create/destroy databases
needs to be aware of this and you need to restrict the access to those
specific persons).

Regards
Peter

--