On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Daniel Brown <danbr...@php.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:41, Robert Cummings <rob...@interjinn.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I can't speak for everyone here (or who is no longer here)... but my
> posts
> > have dwindled significantly due to work and family time constraints :|
>
>     Same here, but isn't it a bit eerie that many of us hit that same
> point almost simultaneously?  Richard Lynch, Lester Caine, Jochem
> Maas, Jim Lucas, the Nathans (Rixham and Nobbe), yourself, myself -
> even Tedd Sperling and Jason Pruim, among many others - seemed to all
> fall off the face of the virtual earth at about the same moment.  Then
> again, I suppose that's how generations work.

It might be a bit selfish Dan, and I'll admit that, but when I was posting
aggressively I was looking to really boost my PHP skills.  Frankly I think
this list was a major contributor to rapid success in the industry, and I
always tell fellow developers to join the list if they're looking for a
similar boost.

Just for the record, my #1 favorite thread was the argument about php4 vs 5
oo, when Tony Marsten and I were going at it tooth and nail and Rob showed
how to change the value of a private member variable via serialization -
EPIC!

Dan I also remember when you were sending the tally of weekly posts per
contributor at the end of each week, which I think spurred activity for some
time.

I still hop on threads from time to time, just a lot more picky about which
ones any more. >ducks<

-nathan