On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:32:51PM -0500, Steve Staples wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been developing this stand alone application, found the webserver
> that I am going to use (it is written in php) and all is good... on
> windows.
>
> I can get the php.exe and php-cgi.exe running no issue on windows
> without "installing" them... even tested on 3 machines (developed on
> Vista, sent to my friend on W7, and my GF on XP Home) and they all work
> fine... now I was trying to port it over to linux, and I can't find
> anything that I can use :(
>
> Is there such a thing?  or will I have to have a pre-req of "php and
> php-cgi must be installed on linux" disclaimer?
>
> Any help, or pointers to where my google-fu has failed me would be
> appreciated :)

I don't know if there's a web server under Linux which is written in
PHP. But I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find a Linux distribution
which does not come with several web servers and PHP either already
installed or easily installable. After all, most of the web is running
on Linux servers.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster