On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 16:10 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:32:51PM -0500, Steve Staples wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've been developing this stand alone application, found the webserver
> > that I am going to use (it is written in php) and all is good... on
> > windows.
> >
> > I can get the php.exe and php-cgi.exe running no issue on windows
> > without "installing" them... even tested on 3 machines (developed on
> > Vista, sent to my friend on W7, and my GF on XP Home) and they all work
> > fine... now I was trying to port it over to linux, and I can't find
> > anything that I can use :(
> >
> > Is there such a thing?  or will I have to have a pre-req of "php and
> > php-cgi must be installed on linux" disclaimer?
> >
> > Any help, or pointers to where my google-fu has failed me would be
> > appreciated :)
>
> I don't know if there's a web server under Linux which is written in
> PHP. But I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find a Linux distribution
> which does not come with several web servers and PHP either already
> installed or easily installable. After all, most of the web is running
> on Linux servers.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul M. Foster
> http://noferblatz.com

it's not that I dont want to have a webserver installed, it is a
standalone app, that doesn't require apache or any other httpd server
running... for people who want to run this on their windows, or linux,
or slackware servers and have no use for an "apache" server running for
just this.

i've got it working for windows, where i didn't have to install
anything, was just looking for something for a "*nix" distribution that
will do it too.

the webserver i am using, is 'nanserv', which works perfectly for what I
need it to do, and running under linux, it's very fast (windows is a bit
slow, but that's windows for ya)

I guess I am just going to have to say that having PHP installed is a
pre-req for the app (i just dont want to go installing software on
people's computers)