On Feb 20, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Yogesh wrote:

I don't entirely understand this; Dan Brown gave you solution to use curl to pass the array to the second "form" (do you mean script here?). That would certainly work, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more secure to spool out the array to a file from the first script after it has processed it, and then read it in to the second script when it starts. This assumes the two scripts are running on the same server, of course. The second script could be called after the first script finishes by using a header redirect. I'm curious about people's thought on the security and efficacy of different ways of sharing data between scripts when you're not using sessions.

I am quite new to PHP. (I am having trouble to understand how HTML, PHP and Javascript work together). Right now I just wanted to get the job done. But if you can suggest me a more efficient way to do it, I will definitely look into it.

Are you also new to programming in general? If so, I suggest spending some time studying up on programming concepts and design patterns. I do understand the idea of "just get the job done", but without basic knowledge, the result is not going to be very good, and likely lead to maintenance nightmares down the road.

As I don't really understand what it is you're trying to do, it's hard to make concrete suggestions. From your very brief description, it sounds like you have one script that takes the form submission and populates an array, which you want to share with another script. Typically, data sharing between scripts is accomplished in a few different ways:

1) use of session variables (which requires the script to invoke session management)

B) storing the information in a persistent data base (e.g. MySQL)

iii) storing the information in a transient data store (e.g. a temporary file). There are different ways to format the data in the file, including as php script (so you can include the file), JSON, YAML, etc.

d) passing the information to the second script via a query string or a post data buffer

Any of these things require understanding of the mechanisms and implementation idioms involved. Choosing a particular implementation depends on several variables in your overall design and implementation environment. A mailing list is a poor way to transmit this information, which is why most of it is documented elsewhere.