I'm using oauth to connect to Dropbox. The OAuth::getRequestToken()
works without a problem since (assuming) those are sent over the wire as a
GET request. When I try to issue a fetch command, for example:
In the debug info, the SBS string is showing that the http request method
was GET, not POST.
When I execute the same code on a machine running PHP 5.3.2, the SBS string
I took a look at the source for the oauth extension, it looks like requests
could be made with PHP streams or with curl, but I couldn't tell what was
the default. There is an OAuth::setRequestEngine() which you can pass in a
constant for using either PHP streams or curl. The constant for using curl
(OAUTH_REQENGINE_CURL) doesn't exist. When I try to print the constant, it
just shows the "undefined" error message. I have the latest version of the
oauth extension installed, so not sure what's wrong.
When I view phpinfo, under oauth, it shows "Request engine support" is
php_streams. But I'm not sure this entirely matters since on the server that
does work, phpinfo shows that "Request engine support" is also php_streams.
On a side question, why is it only showing that php_streams is supported?
Why not curl as well? The php curl package is installed...
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Jim Lucas <li...@cmsws.com> wrote:
> On 3/4/2011 5:18 PM, Daniel Hong wrote:
> > Correction:
> > I stated the incorrect version of PHP that does not seem to have this
> > The version of PHP that works correctly is 5.3.2, not 5.3.3.
> Can you give us an example of what you are doing?
> Jim Lucas
> > Thanks,
> > daniel
> > On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Daniel Hong <dan...@amagineinc.com>
> >> Hello,
> >> I'm using the PHP OAuth extension and running into a strange issue. I'm
> >> sure if it's a bug in PHP 5.3.5, or if it's a bug in the OAuth extension
> >> when installed on a system with PHP 5.3.5.
> >> On a machine with PHP 5.3.5, when I call OAuth::fetch() with http method
> >> POST, the debug info is showing that it is sending as a GET request. As
> >> result, the resource that I'm fetching returns with failure since it
> >> only respond to a POST request. I tested this out on two different
> >> and getting the same result on both. One machine is Ubuntu 10.04 with
> >> 0.8.54 and PHP 5.3.5. The other is CentOS 5.5 with apache 2.2 and PHP
> >> I have another Ubuntu 10.04 machine with PHP 5.3.3, and I am not having
> >> this issue on that machine. The OAuth debug info is correctly showing
> >> method of POST.
> >> I guess I'll need to use PHP 5.3.3 in the mean time, but it would be
> >> to know what the problem is.
> >> Thanks,
> >> daniel